Total offerings received for October 21 and 22--$2688.25.
This year, the approach is to purchase these items in bulk at a discount and have
them stored until the baskets are assembled and delivered to each household.
As a partnering congregation we have been asked to provide funding for 31
Baskets by November 14th.
Please consider giving $40 to purchase a basket, in addition to what you are
already contributing to support the mission of our church, so we can ensure these
households have a Thanksgiving Dinner they would otherwise not have.
Please place your financial contributions to this project in an envelope
and mark it “Thanksgiving 2023”.
Thank you in advance for your continued generosity.
* Nov. 5—Fall Leaf Cleanup of our property between services or after the 10:30 service
* Dec. 2 and 3—Bake Sale
* Dec. 9 and 10—Gift Wrapping
* Dec. 10—Concert at Apostle’s Lutheran Church in Turnersville @ 2 pm.
* Dec. 24—service times—8:30, 10:30, 4:00 (children’s service), 7:30 (candlelight)
* Dec. 25—10:30 am
* Jan. 28—Annual Congregational meeting
Thank you to all who participated in the Red Cross Blood Drive. We will be able to help 51 people with our donations. Watch for future announcements on the date for the next blood drive.
GROWING IN FAITH: THE DIAKONIA PROGRAM Growing in Faith is a ministry within the ELCA committed to fostering learning environments for followers of Jesus to grow in faith. Lay members of congregations are integral to healthy discipleship in the church and community. If you would be interested in this program, check out the website www.njdiakonia.com for more information.
The following clean items may be placed in the yellow bins: clothing, shoes, bedding, towels, curtains, sleeping bags, socks, underwear, bras. They cannot accept items that are tattered beyond repair, dirty, wet or moldy. They do not accept yarn, thread-bare items, spools of thread or similar cast-offs. They also do not accept toys, stuffed animals, furniture or electronics.
If you have someone that you would like on the prayer list, please fill out a form in the narthex and place it in the offering plate or contact the church office email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Memorial Presbyterian Church in Wenonah continues to collect items for hygiene kits to be sent to Ukrainian refugees through Church World Service. We will be collecting needed items and giving them to Memorial Church. Items needed include: hand towels (16” x 28”), washcloths, wide tooth combs, nail clippers, bars of soap, toothbrushes, and Band Aids.
· Choir rehearsals continue on Sunday mornings @ 9:40. Anyone is welcome to join us. We sing at the 10:30 service on a regular basis (usually monthly).
· Sunday School will be LIVE and church school resources are also available on our website. Classes continue this week.
· At this time, the food pantry is in need of boxed cereal, pancake mix, syrup, grape jelly, loaves of bread and toilet paper. Other needed items include: canned goods, non-perishable items, toiletries, laundry
Please respond to our 2023 Stewardship Campaign by filling out a Commitment Card for 2024 and placing it in the Offering Plate on or before November 26th.
Copyright © 2023 Holy Nativity Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.